The Crop Trust, as a provider of the Food Forever Initiative’s secretariat function, is seeking a Campaign Manager to coordinate the Initiative’s activities aimed at driving the changes needed to make our food systems more sustainable and prosperous. This multi-stakeholder effort is focused on raising awareness for the importance of protecting agricultural biodiversity worldwide, and build support for SDG Target 2.5.
Do you have what it takes or know someone who does? Share the Food Forever vacancy announcement with those who might be qualified and interested! The deadline to submit applications is 8 June 2018.
- The fascinating story of konzo, nicely told.
- You’ll remember my take on that, of course.
- Speaking of my take, on the release of the Access to Nutrition Index I ask: cui bono genebanks?
- Somebody mention genebanks? Yes, ICRISAT.
- Consider the beauty of the humble potato.
- Nobody ever calls coffee humble.
- Wanna tell the world about any of the above?
So apparently there’s a Journal of Sketching Science, which is…
…designed to mimic elements of conventional science journals while also adopting more innovative science communication approaches. Our aim is to to communicate complex and important scientific topics in a visually attractive, yet rigorous, way to the public.
Check out their cool take on crop wild relatives, with illustrations by Ernesto Llamas.
Ms. Markle expressed the wish of having all 53 countries of the Commonwealth with her on her journey through the ceremony. Ms. Waight Keller designed a veil representing the distinctive flora of each Commonwealth country united in one spectacular floral composition.
Well done, Botswana.