There’s a few things going on that readers may be interested in, so here goes, real quick:
- The Culinary Breeding Network’s 2020-21 Variety Showcase + Winter Vegetable Sagra. Incidentally, if you’re interested int he whole “sagra” thing, you might like to check out the recent book by Michele Filippo Fontefrancesco. 1
- The Museum of Food and Drink has a packed schedule of events. GROWING RICE: A Migration Story from Seed to Plate stood out for me, but check out the whole calendar.
- The Oxford Food Symposium will be celebrating its 40th anniversary on July 9-11.
- Alas, the Oxford Real Farming Conference has finished, but you may be able to a flavour from tweets and the YouTube channel.
- Spoiler alert: authenticity isn’t vital to success, but hyper-locality is. [↩]