- Breeder of blight-resistant potatoes stands up for gardeners who grow blight-susceptible potatoes.
- Hungry for better ag statistics? FAO hears you.
- “Biofortification is an obstacle to food justice”. Just an opinion, obviously.
- And not necessarily one shared by the USDA: Breeding better fruits and veggies, including vitamin-A enriched potatoes.
- Women, gardens, community health … we’ve heard this all before. So why is it still news?
- Diana Buja shares tips on how to catch flying ants, and other goodies, the better to savour their deliciousness.
- A beginner’s guide to everything called pepper.
- A new test for cow’s milk in mozzarella di bufala, can also separate the sheep from the goats. Can I get a pocket version?
- The transition to agriculture in North America.
One Reply to “Nibbles: Potato blight, Ag statistics, Biofortification, Biofortified potatoes, Insect food, Genuine mozzarella, Agricultural history”
The guide to pepper is a fascinating read. Thanks!
I brought back a bag full of “mountain pepper” from Laos some time ago, never really knowing what it was. The taste and tanginess left in the mouth were something I had never experienced before. Now I know that bag has Sichuan pepper in it. Not even disappointed.
I am a bit though that Jean-Marie Pelt in Les Épices did not went a tad further in his somewhat lyrical account of pepper varieties (pics would have helped). Really gotta look elsewhere for sources on agrobiodiv information… Oh, wait.
Also, pink pepper on mangoes, an incestuous delicacy?