Skip to content
- Economic growth and biodiversity. “There is no fundamental conflict between economic growth and biodiversity.” Hmmmmn.
- Phytodiversity of temperate permanent grasslands: ecosystem services for agriculture and livestock management for diversity conservation. At heart, a plea for more interdisciplinary research.
- The Interaction between Seaweed Farming as an Alternative Occupation and Fisher Numbers in the Central Philippines. Alternative occupations don’t necessarily reduce over-harvesting.
- Genotyping of pedigreed apple breeding material with a genome-covering set of SSRs: trueness-to-type of cultivars and their parentages. Your papa aint your papa but your papa don’t know.
- The GCP molecular marker toolkit, an instrument for use in breeding food security crops. Marker-assisted selection is not yet used for Musa spp., coconut, lentils, millets, pigeonpea, sweet potato, and yam. For the other 12 crops, 214 molecular markers were found to be effectively used in association with 74 different traits.
- Ant diversity and bio-indicators in land management of lac insect agroecosystem in Southwestern China. When you’re managing for a wild insect, the wild species are secondary.
- Biofortification for combating ‘hidden hunger’ for iron. Swings and roundabouts apply, with a vengeance.