Nibbles: Tea nomenclature, Medicinal plants, Robert Fortune, Gender gap, Japanese women farmers, AnGR conservation, Herbarium databases, India & Africa
- Tea diversity 101.
- Tea is medicinal, isn’t it? Certainly some other plants introduced to the West by the same person are.
- I could tell you all about the gender gap in tea cultivation in Kenya.
- And I bet there’s one in Japan too.
- Not to mention in livestock-keeping. But I don’t suppose that will affect (ILRI’s) plans for a
Kenyan livestock genebank.
- Crowdsourcing herbarium data. Maybe there’s some specimens of wild tea species in there…
- India reaches out to Africa. ICRISAT involved. Debal Deb, probably not so much. Chai, anyone?